Sunday, April 11, 2010

BACK AGAIN.... IT'S BEEN AWHILE


Here I am , back again...I know, I know,...it's been a while, but sometimes crap happens...

In the meantime, let me tell you about my new kiln...

My art sale commissions were high enough this Christmas to enable me to purchase my new SC3 kiln...what a nice piece of equipment it is.... now I can create pieces larger than almost a 50 cent size and make rings that will be fully sintered and will be able to sustain constant wear...
Here is a picture of my new toy..it is large enough on the inside to place a couple of shelves and tons of pieces of finished work...now we can sinter the silver clay for 2 hours as it is recommended and if we want, we can still also use the torch in my silver clay classes...I have one coming up on the 24th of April. It is basically for beginners, but I also get repeat students that want to refresh their techniques all over again...this kiln will be going with me to the POLYMER CLAY COLLABORATIVE AND MULTI MEDIA RETREAT IN JULY...We are really looking forward to this year's retreat. As one of the coordinators, I can tell you that we have some terrific classes on our roster. I am teaching a PMC silver workshop for beginners where we will be making earrings, or a pendant or 2 ..I also show my students how to make earring findings from fine silver wire..no more buying earring findings for me . I also am having a class where we will be making a pinkie ring and perhaps inserting a stone in the clay...they both are fun classes and easy to accomplish. I will also be teaching a basic paper marbling class..the papers that we will create can be used in any bookmaking project that people may be doing....last year the books that were made were beautiful and were a wonderful keepsake to take home from the retreat.
Here is the web site addy ..
http://www.pccmmretreat.com... ....check out the pictures from last year....
If anyone is interested in finding a great retreat on the east coast..it is close to Wash. DC and easy to get to..and also very reasonable...EVERYTHING except the very reasonable classes is included in the price. It's a real bargain..!!!!
We have people coming from Finland and Sweden, from the west coast and also up north in Vermont and down south in S. Carolina... our teachers are Marie Segal, Meredith Arnold, Meta Strick, Debbie Jackson, Ellen Marshall and myself. Last year was our first year and it was a rumbling success....lots of fun, laughs, and great food. All for one price. We will also be doing a ton of demos every evening. There will be lots to do and see in this little college and artist's village of Shepherdstown, West Virginia.
Check it out...hope we see you there...

No comments:

Post a Comment